Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
We are is seeking a Graduate Architect to join our Danville, VA office. This person will work closely with and report to the Project Architect Manager. They will be responsible for assisting in the development of detailed design and production of construction documents. This individual will exhibit strong organizational, conceptual design, and communication skills. Qualified candidates should also have a positive attitude and team-oriented mindset.
• Perform renderings and other design type functions
• Assist designers and project managers in conceptual input on assigned projects
• Provide assigned collateral duties relative to the operation of the team
• Possess a positive attitude and be team-oriented
• Complete other related projects as assigned in a timely and complete manner
• Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture required
• 0-2 years and previous internship experience preferred
• Strong understanding of CADD and other project software
• Proficiency in REVIT, MS Office, and Adobe Creative Suite a must
• Digital and traditional rendering abilities and graphic experience
• LEED AP and knowledge of sustainable design principles is a plus
Samples of work portfolio will be requested if candidate meets qualifications.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Software Powered by iCIMS