Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a Municipal Planning Professional for our Mechanicsburg, PA office. This position will support a wide array of geospatial, planning, and business development efforts for our municipal, transportation, environmental, and water resources initiatives. Candidates will have strong skills with proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS technologies and experience with plan reviews, grant applications, and MS4 permitting, as well as marketing and business development.
This position will mostly focus on the support and growth of our municipal service line with additional opportunity to employ GIS mapping capabilities to assist our transportation, environmental, and water resources initiatives. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to work alongside experienced technical staff from a variety of backgrounds. Job responsibilities include:
• Manage the municipal subdivision and land development plan review process and coordinate technical reviews from a variety of engineering disciplines.
• Develop, implement, and maintain GIS systems for municipalities and municipal authorities
• Leverage regional contacts to identify potential clients. Participate in developing a marketing plan, scheduling marketing meetings, preparing proposals, and capturing new projects and clients.
• Prepare mapping and geospatial data in support our transportation, environmental, and water resources service lines.
• Setup and operate handheld GPS data collection equipment.
• Prepare ordinance revisions and amendments.
• Identify grant opportunities and prepare grant applications.
• Prepare project schedules, budgets, and workload projections.
• Assist in the preparation NPDES and waterway encroachment permits.
• Assist in the design, bidding, and construction of municipal capital improvements projects.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Software Powered by iCIMS